Public Notices October 13, 2021
BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
215 1st Ave. South,
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. the Todd County Board of Adjustment will hold a public hearing in the Commissioner’s board room, 215 1st Ave. South, Suite 301, Long Prairie, Minnesota.
NOTE: This meeting is again being held in-person and the public is encouraged to attend, but Zoom and phone options are still available for those who are unable to attend in person. If you wish to join via Zoom, please contact our office for the call-in information.
Questions? Call or email 320-732-4420 or email@example.com
•Call to Order
•Approval of September 23, 2021 Minutes
•Board introduction and process review
o The applicant is introduced
o Staff Report
o Applicant request if staff report accurately represents the request
o Public Comment
o Board review with applicant, staff, and public
1. Linda Stieve: Lake Osakis, Section 34/35, Leslie Township. Site Address: 21501 Finch Avenue SE, Osakis. PID: 15-0060600
1. Request to reduce side line setback in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 10 feet to 5 feet for a garage addition.
2. Request to reduce road right-of-way setback in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 20 feet to 14 feet for a garage addition.
3. Request to increase the roofed impervious surface in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 15 percent (%) to approximately 18.86 percent (%) for a garage addition.
2. John DeFoe: Big Swan Lake, Section 18, Burnhamville Township. Site Address: 19499 Empire Trail, Burtrum. PID: 06-0073100.
1. Request to amend previous variance #V-20140527898 condition #2 “Structure cannot be sewered or used for a human habitation” in Shoreland RD Zoning (Big Swan Lake).
3. Steven and Lisa Mix: Lake Osakis, Leslie Township. Site Address: 21709 Finch Road, Osakis. PID: 15-0043900.
1. Request to reduce OHWL setback in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 75 feet to 60 feet for a new dwelling.
2. Request to increase the roofed impervious surface in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 15% to 16.6% for a new dwelling with attached garage.
3. Request to increase the total impervious surface in Shoreland GD Zoning (Lake Osakis) from 25 percent (%) to 26.5 percent (%) for new dwelling, garage, and porch.
4. Request to increase the maximum height of structures from 18 feet to 25 feet for a new dwelling and attached garage.
4. William and Nancy Noon: Mound Lake, Section 11, Grey Eagle Township. Site Address: 14049 341st Avenue, Grey Eagle. PID: 11-0044200.
1. After-the-fact variance request to increase the impervious surface in Shoreland RD Zoning (Mound Lake) from the ordinance standard of 25 percent (%) to 51.6 percent (%) for 320 square foot sidewalk.
4. Jason and Tracy Sellnow: Lake Latimer, Section 5, Round Prairie Township. Site Address: 20272 247th Avenue, Long Prairie PID: 21-0047000
1. Request to reduce the road right-of-way setback in Shoreland RD Zoning (Lake Latimer) from 20 feet to 5 feet for a new storage shed.
All persons interested are invited to attend said hearing or submit a letter to be heard on these matters. All correspondence must include name, mailing address and be received 48 hours before the date and time of the hearing.
Richard Johnson, Chair
Board of Adjustment
TODD COUNTY HRA PUBLIC HEARING
The Todd County HRA will hold a Public Hearing on November 24, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. to approve the 2022 operating budget, 2022 Capital Fund Projects, Policies and the 2022 Annual plan. This information is available for review at Todd County HRA, 300 Linden Ave. S Browerville, MN 56438 Tuesdays from 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m..
Todd County HRA
TODD COUNTY SOIL AND WATER BOARD
Todd County Soil and Water Board of Supervisors will be holding their regular board meeting on October 14, 2021 at Timbers Restaurant and Event center at 1220 2nd Ave NE, Staples, MN 56479. The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m..
BID FOR PRECISION IRRIGATION SYSTEM
Central lakes college
Central Lakes College is soliciting bids for a Precision Irrigation System. Detail specifications may be obtained by contacting Keith Olander at 218-894-5163. Bids will be accepted at the Staples Campus until 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 26, 2021.
All bids must be sealed and marked “BID FOR PRECISION IRRIGATION SYSTEM”.
Submit bids to:
Central Lakes College
ATTN: Debbie Sterriker
1830 Airport Road
Staples, MN 56479
The college reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to waive any information or irregularities in the bidding and to make the award serving the best interest of the college.
Central Lakes College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. These materials are available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities upon request. If you use a TTY, call the Minnesota Relay Service at 800-627-3529 and request to contact Central Lakes College.
Open water along the shore with thin ice around the edges on the south shore of Lake Shamineau. Starting November 15, 2021 and into the early months of 2022. For inquiries call 763-535-1079.
Open water along the shore with thin ice around the edge on the South shores of Lake Shamineau. Starting November 2021 and early months of 2022. For inquiries call 651-698-8246.
NOTICE - Lake Shore AERATION WARNING LAKE SHAMINEAU: Open water along the shore with thin ice around the edge on the southwest shore of Lake Shamineau Lots 2142 and 2174. Starting December 1, 2021 into the early months of 2022.
For inquiries call 952-975-9078.
An aeration system will be operating after Nov. 15, 2021 until ice out on Lake Shamineau on the South shore about 1-1/2 miles East of West end of the lake, which will result in thin ice and open water.
NOTICE: An aeration system creating thin ice will be in operation on the southeast shoreline on Lake Shamineau, 33203 and 33211, during ice conditions fall of 2021 and continuing through Spring 2022. The purpose is to protect the shoreline from ice expansion.
Please be aware of open water and thin ice.
Aeration system will be in operation, shoreline of Lake Shamineau, Lot #2196 from ice cover 2021 to ice out 2022. Purpose: to pre-vent shoreline damage due to ice expansion. Be aware of open water or thin ice..
Beware open water and thin ice. Aeration to occur on south shore along Lakeshore Drive beginning November 1, 2021 until April, 2022. For inquiries call 763-516-2514.