Public Notices June 15, 2022
NOTICE TO CREDITORS
Estate of Darlene SmithDate of Birth:
December 24, 1937
Notice to Creditors: The decedent, Darlene Smith, who lived at 1120 6th St. NE, Unit 701, Staples, MN 56479 died April 19, 2022.
Creditors of the decedent are notified that all claims against the estate will be forever barred unless presented to Bryan Smith, named personal representative, at 105 N. 7th St. #1, Wahpeton, ND 58075, within four (4) months after the date of publication of this notice.
Personal Representative for the Estate
105 N. 7th St., #1
Wahpeton, ND 58075
School Board School board meeting #21
Apr. 18, 2022, 6 p.m. District Office
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order with Winkels, Freeman, B. Anderson, L. Anderson, Reeck and Lund attending (comprising a quorum). Also attending: Supt. Tappe; Director of Finance Regan; Principal Johnson and Interim Principal Ferdon; additional employees and community members; ICS Consultants Jordan Pangrac and Damien Williams, Staples World Managing Editor, Anderson and Recording Secretary Walz. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Motion by B. Anderson, seconded by Reeck, to adopt the agenda. MC
Recognize the Public
Chair Winkels thanked everyone for attending.
Dave Hoemberg shared some of the history behind the consolidation agreement and the reason why our district has a four-digit district number instead of a three-digit number.
3. Approval of Minutes from March 21 Work Session and Regular Board meeting
4. Approval of Minutes from April 4 Special Board Meeting and April 4 Work Session
5. Approval of Minutes from April 11 Public Hearing
6. Accept the resignation of Rebecca Rapaway, Elementary Paraprofessional; eff. 5-16-22
7. Accept the resignation of Summer Hagensick, SM Elem. Classroom teacher; eff. 06-30-22
8. Accept the resignation of Kayla Vejtasa, Paraprofessional; eff. 6-30-22
9. Approve the contract of Kayla Vejtasa, MS/HS Receptionist/Secretary eff. 7-1-22
10. Approve Nick Schultz and Peter Hendrickx as weight room supervisors for the spring
11. Approve contract of Tanley Lego, Business Manager; eff. 6-01-22
12. Approve extending probation period for the elementary nurse, Cindy Denning, for 22/23 school year.
13. Approve the QCOMP career ladder positions for the 22/23 School Year
14. Approve the 22/23 Transportation Contract with Greig’s Bus Service
15. Approve the continuation of the Park Use Agreement with the City of Staples
16. Approve Fundraiser Request form from the National Honor Society
Motion by Freeman, seconded by L. Anderson, to approve the Consent Agenda. MC
Donations, Grants and In-Kind Donations
18. Approve the Resolution to Accept Monetary Donations in the amount of $5,480 and in-kind donations valued at $175.
Motion by Lund, seconded by Reeck, to approve the resolution for Acceptance of Monetary Donation in the amount of $5,480 and in-kind donations in the amount of $175. MC
Finance Items (Finance Committee Minutes 4/6/22)
19. Financial Report was presented by John Regan
20. Authorize payment of the vouchers.
Motion by Anderson, seconded by Winkels, to authorize payment of the vouchers. MC
21. Other - none
22. Approve Resolution Authorizing Closure of Schoolhouse in Motley, Minnesota (Roll Call Vote)
Motion by Lund, seconded by L. Anderson, following a Roll Call Vote, Freeman, B. Anderson, Lund, Winkels, Reeck and L. Anderson voted in favor; Opposed, none. MC
23. Approve the Resolution Authorizing Sale of Real Estate; Motley Building (Roll Call Vote)
Motion by Freeman, seconded by B. Anderson, following a Roll Call Vote, Reeck, L. Anderson, B. Anderson, Winkels, Lund and Freeman voted in favor; Opposed, none. MC
24. ICS Building Project update by ICS consultant Jordan Pangrac with a look ahead to the move out plan, elementary construction schedule and groundbreaking May 18.
25. Approve revision to the 2021/22 School Calendar, with last student contact day as May 27. Staff work days will be May 31 - June 2, with June 3 remaining a Staff Work Day.
Motion by Reeck, seconded by L. Anderson to approve revision to the 2021/22 School Calendar, with the last student contact day as May 27. MC
Sourcewell - Feb. 15, 2022
Motion by Lund, seconded by B. Anderson, to adjourn the meeting. MC
School Board work session - meeting #22
May 2, 2022, 6 p.m. District Office
Call to Order
The meeting was called to order with Winkels, B. Anderson, L. Anderson, Lund and Reeck present (comprising a quorum). Freeman was absent. Also attending: Supt. Tappe; Director of Finance, Regan; Principal Johnson; several members of the public and Recording Secretary Walz.
Motion by Lund, seconded by B. Anderson, to adopt the agenda. MC
Ehlers Financial Advisor
Jodi from Ehlers shared that the district’s operating levy is up for renewal for taxes payable in 2024. The district may run an operating referendum to renew the levy during the November 2022 election, or run a special election in November 2023. Updated numbers will be available this July and the board will discuss during the August Work Session.
Board Self Evaluation
Board Chair Winkels guided the school board through the self evaluation process using the MSBA Standards for School Board Leadership as his guide. Board members and the public contributed to areas of strength and areas for growth. The board will align its goals from this self evaluation with the goals in the superintendent’s evaluation and the Continuous Improvement Plan.
Motion by Reeck, seconded by B. Anderson, to adjourn the work session at 7:25 p.m. MC